Jackson County Times

Top Story News

Monday, September 7, 2009

Meet Ken Campbell, He Wants To Be A Malone City Councilman

He is running for seat vacated by Theresa Bergman.
By Sid Riley
Ken Campbell wants to become a Malone City Councilman by winning the seat vacated by Theresa Bergman. The election is next Tuesday, September 8.
Campbell moved to Malone about two years ago, after retiring as a Manager at an Owens Corning Plant in Cleveland, Tennessee. He had friends who lived in the Malone area, and had decided this was where he wanted to come with his wife Sue, after he retired from Owens Corning. He is currently employed by the county, and works for the Parks and Recreation Department. He was designated as Employee of the Month for Jackson County in February.
Campbell has been going to the Malone City Council meetings regularly, having been to all of them for at least a year. He feels he is well aware of what is going on, and what the job entails. “I just want to give something back to the community I now live in”, he states. “I have a career in management, and feel I can offer something to the Council. They are all doing a good job of making wise decisions and managing the city’s funds very frugally, but I feel I can help”.
Some of the issues which Campbell feels should be investigated by the Council in the coming months includes:
● Increasing police presence in the community. “We once had a part-time deputy which served our community, but the funding for that program must have run out. I would like to see if any part of that arrangement can be restored. Our citizens need the added security it would provide for them” Campbell states.
● Medical services. “We once had a clinic which was open on some days in Malone. It served many of our citizens, especially our older citizens. I would like to see if there is any way that service could be restored.”

“I hope the citizens of Malone will give me a chance by voting for me on Tuesday”, Campbell states.

No comments:

Post a Comment