Jackson County Times

Top Story News

Friday, May 14, 2010

Howard J. Glass

Howard J. Glass, 56, a Cottondale resident, is running for Jackson County commissioner, District 2. He is a former two-term District 2 commissioner, serving from 1998 to 2006. He was defeated in a close three-way race in 2006 by Ed Crutchfield, who is running for reelection. Glass worked for the county Road and Bridge Department before his election in 1998, as a squad foreman. After his defeat in 2006, he was rehired by the department and is presently a supervisor.
Glass turned in the following statements to the Jackson County Times on Wednesday:
“I am currently seeking election for county commissioner District 2 in Jackson County. My wife Denise and I have been married for 36 years. We both attended Cottondale High School and are of the Freewill Baptist faith. We have two sons, who both live and work in Jackson County. We also have five grandchildren.
“I have been employed with the Jackson County Road Department where I’m currently serving as supervisor. I served as county commissioner in District 2 from 1998 to 2006.
“I appreciate your support in the past as well as in the future. I will strive to see that Jackson County is at the forefront to receive our fair share for any and all programs available. I will also strive to improve our economical development and keep the jobs we currently have at this time. Thank you for your support in August.”

No comments:

Post a Comment