Jackson County Times

Top Story News

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Historic Chipola Hotel Is Sold!

One of Marianna’s most distinguished historic landmarks has been sold. The Chipola Hotel, which has been owned by Mary Sittman for the past thirty years has been sold to Florida Low Income Housing Associates of Inverness, Florida.

“It was a difficult decision for me. I have owned this grand old hotel building for almost thirty years, and it has always held a special meaning for me,” stated previous owner, Mary Sittman of Panama City. “I sold it because I felt it would be best for the facility, for the tenants, and for the City of Marianna. The building needs repairs, updating, and renovation which would cost $500,000 or more, and since Florida Low Income Housing Associates is a non profit 501(C)(3) corporation, they are eligible for financing and grants which are beyond my reach. I just felt it was the best course of action for everyone.”

To read the rest of the story visit our virtual paper by clicking on this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment